Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

trans

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigboy, Dec 27, 2005.

1. bigboy

bigboy Registered Member

hey guys I think my transmission is slipping a little bit but not sure if it is major when it shifts into different gears it seems to no shift hard like I think its sposed to ya know its like kinda slow shifting altho I do not notice the motor reving high during the shift.

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

what kind of tranny is it ?how many miles on it ? maybe just the filter needs changed had that problem on a th400 i had .

3. bigboy

bigboy Registered Member

its a 700R4 with 160,000 miles on it.

4. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

have you ever flushed the fluid and changed the filter, on all the 700r4 iv been through that was a problem i had, i never have had much luck with those trannys they always seem to shift crazy. before mine went out last time , it started shifting into the gear then it would bump only in second gear, why dunno? but the shifts felt weak . i am on my 4th 700r4 the last i built myself with the help of a friend who had done it before , its ran fine so far. but if yours it breaks i would say get a th350orth400 but thats your choice to make . GOOD LUCK with the tranny,