Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfer case and 4 speed parts in Northern California

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ottoman, Jun 11, 2003.

1. ottoman

ottoman Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I've read the forums here before, but I'm just a newly subscribed to ColoradoK5. I think this website is great and full of a lot of info.

My Question, where is the best source in the San Jose, Central coast area to get parts for an NP 205 transfer case and SM465 transmission? In particular, I'm looking for a master overhaul kit containing bearings, syncros, gaskets and any other wearing parts.
    I live in Santa Cruz, California, and I'm in the process of restoring a 72 Blazer from the ground up.

thanks in advance,
    otto

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

welcome,

for parts, i like Santa Clara Truck. good guys and helpful, but kinda pricey, but if you walk in and need a 208 front output flange yoke, Bill will say, sure, walk out, get it and send you on your way. good peoples over there.

To get parts cheaper, keep an eye on the pirate board and the for sale board here. Or just open the phone book and start colling around. In Freakmont there is Total Auto Supply on Mowry that I drive 25 miles to as they are the best game in the area.

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

p.s. please fill out your profile

4. ottoman

zakk

thanks for the info, I'll fill in more of the profile when I get pics and a web page setup

cheers,
    otto

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I've got a complete NP205 that came off of a SM465 with very low miles sitting in my garage. I'm about to give it back to the guy who owns it as I have decided not to buy it. It can be had for $150-200 if you are interested.

6. ottoman

$150-200 sounds pretty good but mine works fine. I just want it cherry to go with the rest of the restoration.

7. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

let me know if this is still available.. Im in redding and Im interested...
    camsk5
    I paid my dues.. have you?

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I still have the NP205. A pic of it is here: http://community.webshots.com/user/douglasgrant in the for sale section. I have some other stuff that I will be posting in the For Sale section pretty soon too such as a rear bumper.

Update: The guy who owns it won't let it go for less than $200 since it has less than 8k original miles on it. If I don't sell it soon, I will just give it back to him. I originally planned on having it machined for a 32 spline input but now I will probably just by an ORD NP205 when I get ready for that project.