Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transfer case/autotrans

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by baldk5, Jun 4, 2001.

1. baldk5

baldk5 Registered Member

thanks for the replies, my next question is about the gears. Gas is very, very big bucks here - about 4bucks a gallon. I have 3.73 gears in my rearends now, how would the 205 affect my fuel milage? I can also get the th350 auto that is bolted to the 205, that would also change the gearing again!!! (i,m running a HO 350) There arn't many rocks here(not like Moab) I'm in canada, we got mud and lots of snow.

2. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Changing the T-case should have minimal or no effect on mileage. You're on the highway in 2wd, so if it's either a NP208 or an NP205, the "front end" gears are just idling away.

--Rob

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Shite! What part of Canada are you in? figgering the diference in funds and the difference in the gallon our fuel is comparable to the cost in the US...I'm in B.C. 75.5 cents a liter= $1.86 USD for a US gallon.

The 205 shouldn't affect your mileage at all...it has the same 1 to 1 high range as the 203, the 208 and the 241. It wieghs a little more than the aluminum ones but not enough to make a drastic difference on yer mileage.

You need to fill out your profile so we can see what year K5 you have, this is valuable info for us here and prevents having to guess.

For the tranny, if you have a 700R-4 and you're going to the TH350 you can expect to lose some mileage because the TH 350 doesn't have OD. The TH350 I think is a better tranny though and will save you money by not blowing up [​IMG]

One rebuilt 700R-4 = a lot of gas money

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>