Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfer Case Crossmember Bolts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79Cheyenne, Aug 3, 2000.

1. 79Cheyenne

79Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I found my transfer case crossmember halfway off on the passenger side the two bolts for the crossmember that supports the NP203 were gone, luckily the drivers side were still there, the vibration shook my tailpipe off in a matter of seconds till I could pull over.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? and .... there are spacers?on the bolts above the frame , what are these for, do I need them, I have the passenger side bolted with grade 8 bolts, lockwasher, nylock nut and loctite!!!!!!

So I was just curious if I needed the spacers because I dont know what their purpose was. If I dont need them I will bolt the other side the same as the passenger side.

any help is appreciated

thanks Adam

<font color=orange>1979 BLAZER Cheyenne[​IMG]

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Those spacers came in handy when I lifted my 86.....

3. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

Those "two bolts" are used to support your transmission. The spacers are the transmission mounts and there should be four rubber pieces. Two on top are shaped kind of like a U, and two flat ones are for the bottom. Yes they are very much needed. If your rig is lifted it may not have the square ones on the bottom. They may have been moved to the top along with the other ones to lower your transfercase/transmission.

I recommend you buy some new ones if they are missing. They are only about $10.