Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfer case drop kit??? Yes No?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ntx78k5, Dec 23, 2005.

1. ntx78k5

ntx78k5 1/2 ton status

I currently have a spacer kit on my 203 and in the last year have developed leak after leak. If I remove this with a 4" lift will I be ok? Right now it drives and runs fine. But I equate the leaks to the added pressure from the tranfer case drop.

Anyone have any experience either way?

2. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

well if it fixes your leak id say yes if it all works ok... I got a drop on my truck... 6" susp and 1" zero rate in the front.. I got leaks.. but gonna rip my motor out and fix them...

3. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Dont think the leaks are a direct result of the tcase drop. You might have a crack in the case, or a gasket/seal might be broken.

The tcase drop is to give you a better driveline angle on the rear. It usually makes the front worse though. If you need to drop it, dont use the spacers they provide. They put some major stress concentrations on the frame. Space it down with some square stock between the bolt holes.

I have my crossmember spaced down a bit, but just temporarily until I can get a CV made.