Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfer case drop

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coreyd, Jul 21, 2004.

1. coreyd

coreyd Registered Member

Has anyone installed a transfer case drop, and if so what ddid you gain by doing this.

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I installed one on my 84 K5 when i lifted it. I just wanted to make sure I was not going to have any vibrations...

The purpose of it is to relieve the driveshaft angles, and prevent/cure any resulting vibrations.

3. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

What he said...had to drop mine after lifting to help with the vibes. I need to find out how to adjust shifter now though, it seems to not like going all the way into park /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

What do you use to drop it? just some longer bolts and a 1" of washers ah aha?

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

On my 87 K5, all I had to do was put a jack under the t-case, loosen the bolts, lower the t-case, and put the metal spacers on the other side of the frame. Didnt take but about 20-30 minutes.
    -Harrison

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

On mine, I used a little fabbed up kit that was made for it. My cousin owned an off-road shop for many years here and he had it laying around. He gave it to me for free when I mentioned I wanted to lower the T-case when I did the lift. It was actually made out of thick walled square tubing, and already had the longer bolts etc.

Now that I have this new Blazer I'm going to have to see if I can still get stuff for cost... hope he still has all his contacts. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif