Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transfer case help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4gator, Jan 16, 2007.

1. 4x4gator

4x4gator Newbie

I have an 89 Blazer, which has had several parts replaced. I couldn't begin to guess which is orginal, and which has been replaced. By best guess I have OEM motor (350 TBI), trans (th700r4), xcase (unsure), and axles (again, unsure).
    I just had tranny repaired and was told it was an th700 r4, but they didn't know which xcase it was.
    My problem is this: I would like to know how to tell which xcase I have, which fluid goes in, and where can I find info (w/ pics if possible) on how to rebuild my xcase. It's leaking fluid (slowly) between the front tranny connection plate and the case. I'm assuming the gasket just needs to be replaced, but while I have it opened I'd like to make sure nothing is broken or missing.
    Any help will be forever appericated......:bow:

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

kinda hard to guess what it is w/out seeing a picture or u giving us a description of it. also hard to give u any rebuild advice w/out knowing which case it is?

why don't u take a picture of the back of it & post that. then we could help u better.

your truck should have a 208 if it were stock.

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I think an '81 would have a NP 241 in it....I believe it is on the back side, there is a round tag that tells you what T case you have....Just clean the area off and read the numbers....

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

It's an '89, not an '81.

But yeah, according to the CK5 spec page, it should be a 241.

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

OOPs, I can't type....:doah: