Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfer Case mount

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pugsley, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Does anyone know off the top of their head the P/N for Energy Suspension or an equivalent urethane transfer case mount for an 85? I noticed that my factory rubber mount is not only falling apart, but ever since I lowered the T-Case it rubs on the skidplate, making a really hideous squeak. TIA

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

2. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Call a local shop for prices. It is really easy to install. I have an 83 K5 with a 208. Be sure to put a floor jack under to hold it from moving. Good luck.

DANGIT it's not a bronco!

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've been trying all morning to find one local, and failing miserable (small town blues). Summit doesn't list it, so I need either the number, or somewhere I can find the number.

Dos mas Tecates!!!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

No one makes any polyurethane mount for the '85 and newer trucks for the tranny/t-case members. [​IMG]

Any aftermarket polyurethane company has the mounts for the '84 and older 'flat' style crossmember.

My guess why no one makes the 1-piece mount for the '85 and newer trucks, no demand for them. No demand = no supply. [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Thanks Wes - Looks like I'll go dump $40 on an OEM replacement. Oh well - just so long as it gets the case off the skidplate, I'll be happy.

Dos mas Tecates!!!

6. DuneRunner

WESTLY
    http://www.lmctruck.com

Go here and find your part. LMC carrys (sp?) Energy Suspension parts. They may have it. GOOD LUCK.
    KEN

7. thatK30guy

I checked my LMC catalog and they show two different part no.s.

#34-0360 fits the 2wd C10 and 20's only.
    #34-0361 fits the 4wd K10 and 20's only, from 73 to 84.

That one-piece mount you were probably looking at is the small mount for the 2wd trannies only. The 4wd one-piece is bigger than those.

Thanks for checking anyways. [​IMG]

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

8. DuneRunner

Have you tryed calling? Maybe its just not in the catologe?
    Just a thought.

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Call Stephen at ORD............I got my poly one from him for my 79. Cost I believe was $40..................

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

10. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've been calling around all day - Energy Suspension's catalog lists the 85-up mount, but nobody carries the thing. I did find out that every GM truck including S10's from 85 on uses the same one, so someone is bound to stock it.

Dos mas Tecates!!!

11. thatK30guy

Frank, does your '79 have a four-piece mount kit? Should be two bigger pieces on the top of the crossmember and two smaller pieces under the crossmember.

If you have that one, thats the Energy part no. 34-0361.

The '85 and newer mounts are just a one piece rubber mount. It does not look anything like the '84 and older mounts.

12. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A word of caution with the poly t-case mounts! If you are the average joe and use it as a daily commuter with a weekend adventure or here and there you should be fine. If you do any hardcore wheeling, or have super torque and big tire, you have to be carefull with stock rubber motor mounts and poly t-case mounts. What happens is the torque twists the motor in the rubber mounts (you can see this with the hood open and winging the throttle, now imagine it under full torque), but the poly mounts on the t-case don't flex as much as the rubber, since the motor is bolted to the tranny which is bolted to the adaptor which is bolted to the t-case, they all want to twist the same and something has to give. For me it was 2 (yes two) tranny to t-case adaptors. I just bought ORD's poly motor mounts to keep this from happening. By the way, does anyone have a TH350/700R to NP205 adaptor I could buy?
    My 2.5 cents.

There is a Right way, a Wrong way, and then there is My way. The latter is usually the most fun! [​IMG]

13. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Excellent point, leadfoot!
    I wanted to order a poly transfer case mount from Stephen at ORD; guess I'll check on engine mounts too. Thanks for the info

Brian
    89KBlazer

Build it Right or Don't build it at all!!

14. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I've already got the poly engine mounts - so I should be fine? Anyway, I stuck a new rubber one on yesterday, and it still moves too much under throttle. It's off the skidplate now, but only by about 1/4", so I'm sure it won't last too long.

Dos mas Tecates!!!

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Wes, yep, I have the 4 piece set from Stephen.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You are having the same thing happen to you as it did me, but in reverse. Instead of the motor mounts flexin' like crazy because of poly transfer case mounts, your transfer case mounts are flexin' like crazy due to poly motor mounts. Go to the high energy suspension homepage and contact them. They should be able to give you part numbers and suppliers. Hope all goes well.

Chris

There is a Right way, a Wrong way, and then there is My way. The latter is usually the most fun! [​IMG]