Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfer case mount

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan2286, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Ryan2286

Ryan2286 Registered Member

I found out what my problem is. When I give some throttle the whole Tcase lifts up a good two inches. I recently replaced the motor mounts but no I see the problem must be the rubber mount that connects the Tcase to the cross member.
    Where can I get a new and better mount? I want a polyurethane one because thats what my motor mounts are, Also what is the actual part name. I told the guy at the dealer it was the transfer case to crossmember mount and he said he knew what I was talking about but couldn't find it on the computer. Is this actually refered to as a trans mission mount? Thanks for any help. -Ryan

2. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

PM or e-mail Boscolingus, he can be found in the User List. He was developing a polyurethane transfer case mount and may be able to help you.

3. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

4 wheel parts has just what you need. my buddy put them in his blazer a year ago. i dont have the number sorry.

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Get the polyurethane mount from Energy Suspension Part #3.1106R You can get it from summitracing.com

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Get the polyurethane mount from Energy Suspension Part #3.1106R You can get it from summitracing.com

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think he has the new style mount on his '88. The 3.1106 mount is the early style.

6. Ryan2286

After what year did the style change and where can I get a polyurethane one for my 88. Also are these called transmission mounts or transfer case mounts?

7. GRINCH

GRINCH 1/2 ton status

Just how much play should there be in the Transfer case. I was out teaching my son the finer points of snow wheeling and when he got a little hung up and not moving with the tires spinning I could see the transfer case moving up and down. The mounts are less than a year old. same with the tranny mounts. I also am running a 241 with a slip yoke eliminator and Jess's High Angle 1 ton shaft. Not that any of these should make a differance. I did inspect the mounts and they still appear to be attached. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Usually called transmission mounts, but also believe GM called them rear engine mounts. Whatever, just make sure what they sell you looks like the one on the truck now. Only thing that will probably vary is the color.

9. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

'68-'84 uses the old style mount 3.1106.
    '85-up uses the new style mount 3.1129.

10. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Sorry for not reading. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I would have hated myself if you ordered the wrong part because of me. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

11. Boscolingus

Boscolingus 1/2 ton status

A while back I posted to see if there was an interest in producing these mounts in poly form for the hardcore enthusiasts. I went ahead and installed the prototype on my truck and it is holding up DAMN well. I have a few dimensions left from when I made it, however there may be some more dimensions I need to make up another unit as I pitched the fixture to make these guys thinking there was not a demand for them. I will have to see if I still have the pictures of the mount, but if I dont I will crawl underneath the truck and get a good shot at the unit I have.... lemme know which way you want to go, the Energy Suspension unit, or the bullet proof unit =-)

12. Ryan2286

what would be the problem with just a steel mount? If people use motor plates why not mount everything as rigidly as possible?

13. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

motor plates are for street cars that see flat surfaces. you are driving a truck that see's unever surfaces all the time. the suspension soaks up most of it but the frame does too, especially when you get real twisted up. imagine your frame trying to twist and you drivetrain not cooperating...I see some unhappy housings cracking.

-Scott