Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transfer case progress

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by mike reeh, Feb 13, 2002.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

thanks to all the awesome info steve and the rest of ck5 has given me, i started working on my 205's tonite.. Im swapping the input shafts so I can bolt it up to a th350.... Got the donor 27 spline input gear out already, it was a breeze. next, ill swap it into the newer, flange front output, not-been-in-a-wreck, 205 and change the seals & fluid while Im there, them its ready to roll.

One tough question: WHAT COLOR should I paint it? black? black seems kind of plain but i dunno. thanks again everyone. My name should be orange any day now

mike

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Chevy orange, machine gray or white. Maybe ORD tan! I'm really fond of light colors so you can see to work on them easily. I painted the whole underside of my stockcar white one time and it was great, you could do about anything you needed to with just a flashlight stuck in your teeth. The idea stuck with me.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>