Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfer case seals

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by monte0172, Sep 17, 2002.

1. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

I have a 79 K5 full time blazer and the transmission recently went out on it. I had it rebuilt by a friend of mine but upon putting it back in i noticed the seals on the 203 transfer case input shaft was cracked. I found those but i cant find any part # or even someone who knows what im referring to when i ask for the gasket that goes between the transfer case and the mounting plate. Can someone please help!!! I guess i can use silicone but i dont like to if i dont have to.

2. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

Come on guys no-one has any pictures or ideas??? Help im begging.

3. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status

go to ur local chevy dealer they will be able to help u.

they can get all the parts u need and they have picture to help u find the correct parts!!

4. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

I bought a kit with all the seals for my NP203 including the transfer case adapter to the TH350 at a Truck Supply company called Inland Truck Supply here in Omaha. They mostly sell big rig parts, but they have all kinds of pickup parts too. Try a truck supply in your area.

5. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

We have a Inland Truck Supply here in Rapid City, SD. also. That's where I had my new driveshafts made Kinda funny, I lived in Omaha for most of my life. Still miss that town. Still have lots of friends there and over in Co. Bluffs. I'm planning a roadtrip down there next spring. Would love to go mudding while I'm in the area.

7. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

Hey this is it i think!!! Thank you very much!!!!

8. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

This is a real coincidense considering i grew up in nebraska and most of my family still lives there. If you all are planning a mudding trip let me know i would be glad to attend!! Hope fully my truck should be done this winter. But if anyone is looking for some excellent 4 wheel driving my buddy and i have a place we go in summertown tn that is great for putting your truck to the limits or just plain mudding. I thank you very much for the info on hte company that supplies the gasket set i know exactly who you are talking about and i believe we have someone like that here.