Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfer case skid plate??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by smprider112, May 16, 2004.

1. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

Just took my blazer out wheelin' today for the first time...did pretty good for stock lift and tiny tires...makes me want my lift now even more w/bigger tires...anyways I found the first major draw back...the transfer case cross member sits way too low, and mine is bent...Im wondering does any company sell an aftermarket skid plate thats smaller or stronger then stock?? and how hard is it going to be to repair mine? it looks bent at the frame /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif . or should I just not worry about it once I get a lift and tires?

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

im not sure if anyone sells a skidplate for that or not

what tcase you got? DP 90k5 sells a clocking ring for a 208/241. you get up to 4" clearance and you can run a flat cross member.

i just got done installing mine. i have stock lift on a long bed, so i need the clearance /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. smprider112

its a 208...whats a clocking ring?? and how much does he sell this for?

4. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Clocked 208

Check this out, this is what it looks like after installing.

It's just a plate 5/16" thick with recessed fastners that bolts to the face of the transfer case and then has three different sets of holes to remount through the transmission adaptor. Mine is at the highest point with a 1" bodylift, further down in the thread is Sled_Dogs rig with no bodylift and it clocked in the same position where he had to cut out a bit of the floor for it to clear.

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Just so you know, they do make a stock skid plate for the 208. You can find them at junk yards for about $25.
    If you want a skid plate type cross member, talk to Tim at www.4x4iron.com I'm sure he can help.

6. smprider112

so does this change the drive shaft too so you have to get a longer front driveline?? what EXACTLY does this thing do?? rotate the transfer case or something? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Im way confused....but it sounds just perfect...I looked at my crossmember today and it is WAY bent and it looks like the transfer case is sitting funny /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif but I cant tell I think im gonna get pics of it tomorrow to post so you guys can tell me if its normal or tweaked.