Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfer case... tranie.... or what the ??????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by foolhardy, Sep 16, 2004.

1. foolhardy

foolhardy Registered Member

Hey all Newbie here... 86 blazer I took it muddin last night all was well until I start headin home. locked into 4h when I decelerate the transfer seems to slip out or something makes a grinding racket and no forward movment. put it into park then into 2h it works fine no noise and moves. repeat above and the same thing happens. Is the case going out or linkage or just loose.... any thoughts?? /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sounds like the case needs some attention. A linkage "usually" doesnt just get out of adjustment. IMO it sounds like the shift forks in the T-case.

John

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You are already past the wear out point of the shift fork pads . I dealt with mine for 3 years , then it stopped grabbing anything except 4 lo . Disassembly showed the fork was eaten away until it was a sharp knifeedge . They are a piece of cake to teardown , or just get another /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif