Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transfer case/trans question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kutter79, Jul 10, 2005.

1. kutter79

kutter79 Registered Member

hey im pretty new to 4 wheel drive stuff. i kust got an 84 K5 w the 465 and 208. i found a leak in the tranny. im guessing its part of the transmission, because the fluid smeels like gear oil.i t is right between the two looks like it was cracked and somebody tried to braise it. didnt work too good. so im wondering if i can just get that piece. i will take a pic and try to post it so it will be easier to understand what im talking about. thanks for the help, sorry if sound like an idiot.

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm assuming you mean where the t-case bolts on to the back of the 465... If so then yes you can get just the t-case adapter.....go to a junkyard

3. kutter79

kutter79 Registered Member

pics

here is the pic. it is the part that bolts to the crossmember. so if anyone has one let me know. thanks again.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

that is the tcase to tranny adaptor. cast can be a pain to fix if not use to playing with it. might just be easyer to get a used one.