Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfer Case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 83bowtyblazer, Jul 31, 2001.

1. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

I have an 83 K5 and was wondering how I can tell which type of transfer case I have. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

If it has a slip yoke at the rear of the case it is more likely a 208. If it is a fix yoke than chances are it is a 203 unless it has been modified. Look for a i.d. tag on the back of the case. It should say either np208, no 203, np205

Keep it simple!

3. william

william Registered Member

Maybe try lmctruck.com and request a free chevy Blazer, GMC Jimmy parts catalog. Mine has the chart to decode the VIN # of these rigs, plus pic's of tranny's and a chart telling which transfer case plus what engine came stock in your rig- all right in the front few pages of the catalog! Sure is a helpful resource!
    Later- William

"I dunno what happened,
    It was like that when I got here..."

4. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Rodney is right, there is usually a I.D. tag on the t-case that will let you know what it is.

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

last year for a 203 was 79. 80 they all ran 205's, 81 was a mix of 205's and 208's. half tons after 81 usualy got the 208 if it had a 700 r4 or any of the left over TH350c's. By 83 you should have a 700r4 and a 208.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s>communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s</a>

Grim-Reaper