Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transfer case

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dunc03, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

Does anyone now where i can get a repair manual, or part identification information for a 208. I've looked everywhere and haven't found anything yet. I've been told by a few people on here that my rear output shaft bearing on the T-case is going out. I want to figure out what parts i need to order to do this. I have found rebuild kits, would those have instructions. Man if anyone can help me out I'd be greatful. I really don't want to go into this project blindly.

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure about a manual, but the first time I rebuilt mine I didn't know a thing about it and its actually a simple rebuild. Once the case is out it takes maybe 15minutes. Just a lil encouragement for ya.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

3. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

Should be really simple. You might go to the Chevy dealership. You know the screen that shows the part blown apart and lists the part #'s? Maybe they can print that for you. Would be cheaper than a manual.

87 V1500 305 TBI 208/465 4" 35"procomp mt Dana 44/12 bolt