Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transfercase adapter???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DBLAZER, Aug 26, 2000.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I have a freind that has a 350 w/ a 4 speed manual tranny mated to a 205 transfercase. He wants to swap in a automatic, namely a turbo 350. will he need an adapter???? He asked me today and I couldnt help him. I didnt think he needed one but I thought I would ask the experts.

[​IMG]

2. waxer@work

waxer@work Registered Member

Yes, he's gonna need the adapter specifically made for the Th350. Not to mention the input shaft on his Np205 might have the course spline count in which he'd have to change the input shaft on the NP205. Just something to think about before pulling out the existing tcase and tranny.

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Its his deal, He was just asking. If it were me, i wouldnt want the standard

[​IMG]

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The input shaft for the manual transmission NP 205 is the 10 spline coarse shaft. The one you need for an automatic is the fine spline shaft so that would have to be changed. The adaptor betwen the tranny and T-case would also have to be changed.
    Why would'nt you want a bullet-proof manual tranny with a 6.54 to 1 first gear?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

It is hard to drive a standard on hardcore trails.

[​IMG]