Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transfercase help needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BNeu, Jun 14, 2004.

1. BNeu

BNeu Registered Member

I just bought a 241c transfercase off ebay, but now i put it up there and 3 bolt holes dont line up. I have a 90 K5 and it was outta a 93 pickup, is there a differance in years of the tranys or something, and can i by a conversion kit if thats the case

2. BNeu

BNeu Registered Member

Hey could it be a differance in front ends, maybe it is suppose to have the driveshaft on the drivers side. Could that be it????

3. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

If it is from a 93 truck, wouldn't the front driveshaft output be on the wrong side?

Edit - 90 K5 = passenger side
    93 truck = driver side

4. BNeu

BNeu Registered Member

HMmmmmmmm that doesnt make me too happy!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif You think I could make it work any??

5. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I don't know enough about the new trans cases (drivers drop) to know for sure, but would have to guess that it would be easier to sell what you bought and buy the right one. In 1988 GM started using the drivers side drop in their pick-ups, but kept the passenger side drop in the K5 and Suburban until 1991? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

you could always put it in for a driverside drop and get a ford dana 60 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif