Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transfercase swaps what will fit

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by bad_bo_ti, Sep 17, 2004.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

93 chevy is in need of a transfercase its an automatic and has the np241 case in it now driverside drop, the tranny is a 4l60e. was curious what ones would fit with out having to shorten or lengthen driver shafts. thanks, chris

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

208 should be a bolt in swap. The 241 is just as strong as a 208 and has a lower crawl.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

208 will not work, its passenger side drop. I think a 241 was used right up until when they went to push button cases.

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    208 will not work, its passenger side drop. I think a 241 was used right up until when they went to push button cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Yeah.....Derrrrrr.

Sorry for the bad info. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

the 243 and 246 cases will work, but im not sure why you'd want to go to push-button. but yea, i know those will work.

why are you ditching your 241?

6. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

i am not ditching it, i blew mine up and was wondering what else i could replace it with, but i will probably stay with the 241.

7. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

yea, if youre looking for a bolt in replacement, get a 241, best factory t-case for our model years /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

...but then again, you probably knew that /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif