Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transmision Inspection pan

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cegusman, May 29, 2002.

1. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

How do you remove the Transmision Inspection panel(The one in the cab on the hump), I have unbolted it but it appears to be glued down. I have tried to use a screw driver to pry it up but it just bends.

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Mine just came loose when I unbolted it. Someone probably put some sealer around it. Can you get a knife blade between it and the cab floor?

3. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Different years are assembled differently. I know on my 85 it was basically sealed at the factory. Mine doesn't even have bolts. But, a friend that has a 74 that it just unbolts and pops right out.

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Anybody know how or why some do and some don't have the removable tranny humps. I've seen some with and some without. Was it a GMC vs. Chevy thing, or a cutoff at a certain year etc? Anyone.......anyone..........Bueller? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

On my 82 the hump was bolted and sealed in place, i had to use a razor knife to cut the seal and screwdriver to pry it up