Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transmission adjustment. need help quick!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by newboy89, Apr 7, 2002.

1. newboy89

newboy89 Registered Member

ok heres the deal, i just finished putting a 650 holley and a edelbrock performer intake on my blazer and the vacuum signal is weeker so the tranny shifts funny. it's due for service so i figured i would go ahead and get the tranny working right. the only problem is i dont know how to adjust a 700r4 tranny. so how exactilly do i do that? it feels like the tranny is slipping really bad. it reves between 2-3 and it just shifts really weekly in general. thanks in advance.
    ~charlie

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Easiest way to adjust a 700R4 TV cable is to hold the throttle wide open, push the TV cable release button (right at the throttle linkage plate), and push the adjusting sleeve (the part that protrudes from the linkage plate) back topwards the firewall. This will get you in the ball park. You may need to adjust it one or two clicks either way. With the 700R4 there is no vacuum modulator like the th350. There is a govenor and the TV cable is the only adjustments that you can make on this tranny (govenor you can change weights and of course the 2-4 servo which is a bit tricky and messy with the tranny installed). With the tranny acting like its slipping real bad you have too little TV and need to push the sleeve towards the firewall. This will increase the TV. If you are using an aftermarket linkage plate, go down to the Chevy dealer and spend the $13 to get an OEM throttle linkage plate for an 85 Blazer (they still stock them) and bolt it on. You'll have to do some slight bending to get it to fit, but it will fit on the Performer manifold. I fought with about 3 different aftermarket throttle plates until I went down to the dealer.