Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transmission crossmember for duel exhaust / 78 G-body

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Z3PR, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I resently bought a 78 El Camino. It has single exhaust. I'd like to install duel exhaust, but the factory transmission crossmember is for a single system. Anyone know where to get one for duels ???

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I think you could modify an A body one, since the G body is basically the same. They just decided A-body was going to go to the new FWD cars when R&D was done and they introduced. Will need some mods, but workable. As for new ones try Malibu Racing
    G Force

Or at Jeg's they sell one : 550-41050
    Transmission Crossmember, 1978-88 Malibu/Regal/Cutlass/Monte Carlo/Grand Prix/GN
    Note: Crossmember is designed for 1978-88 Malibu/Regal/Cutlass/Monte Carlo/Grand Prix/GN that were originally equipped with a SB-Chevy and TH350. Does not fit Cutlass Supreme model. We recommend the use of 555-30556 exhaust kit and 289-85121 headers. Engine swaps may require some fitment of all items.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like the one from "G-Force" [​IMG]

4. pauly383

Gonna be nice on there /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's going to be a hot rod I guess. I plan on building a 300+ horse 355 small block. Nothing too radical, it'll have to run on everyday pump gas (91 octane). I'm thinking 2" drop spindals up front, but leaving the rear at stock hight. I plan on up grading the breaks with 13" rotors and dual piston calipers.(Going to a 17"x8" rim on all 4 corners) "Force 10" has a nice set up. It'll be a mild hot rod, nothing too wild. Just want a nice looking, fun to drive car.

6. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    Just want a nice looking, fun to drive car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My immediate plans here in AZ are to put a new motor in my truck early next year , then start looking for a Chevelle/Elky/Camaro/Nova to fiddle with.

As for your plans, the drop sounds cool. 17's would look nice on there. Bring it over sometime if you ever come down to visit your family here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just want a nice looking, fun to drive car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif My immediate plans here in AZ are to put a new motor in my truck early next year , then start looking for a Chevelle/Elky/Camaro/Nova to fiddle with.

As for your plans, the drop sounds cool. 17's would look nice on there. Bring it over sometime if you ever come down to visit your family here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Defently. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif