Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transmission guys: 4L60E and Isuzu 5 sp. problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jagged, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Okay, here's the scoop. T-10 blazer is down for the count until I get the time to change the valvebody, and that's not a guaranteed fix for the problem it has (really bad slipping, only 2nd/3rd gear, and a couple bad solenoids).

The Z24 cavalier (quad 4 and isuzu 5 speed) can run and drive right now... it just doesn't get in gear sometimes. Like the other day moving the car around, went to shift into reverse:

The shift lever moves to the appropriate location, but no "feel" to it like it does shifting into 1st (you know, like how you can feel the forks moving). No extra lateral slop in the shifter. I go to release the clutch and it's not in gear. Move it in and out of gear a couple times and I finally get reverse. 1st worked fine, as did 2nd. However, I wasn't driving out on a street, so I don't know if 3/4/5 is "good" or not. But, 4th and 5th have a similar "no feedback" feeling to them.

Any ideas on what's up with the isuzu tranny?

I'm trying to figure out which vehicle I could spend less time working on to get mobile, to give me more time to fix the other one.

2. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Yeah... I can't the truck on a lift until tomorrow. I've got a rebuilt valvebody to throw up in it. Just gonna try to turn up the line pressure a bit to see if I can get a little bit more life out of it. If not, I think the truck is getting either scrapped or sold.

Not much you can do with a 175k blazer with a decent bit of body damage on it :(