Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transmission help..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by superman6801, Jun 25, 2006.

1. superman6801

superman6801 Registered Member

May 18, 2005
    Ok so I just bought another 75 blazer knowing the tranny had problems, i had to put it in low in order to start at a light, being in drive was like being in neutral.. I figured not a big deal since i just helped my buddy take a tranny out of another blazer.. So I started my day off by trying to pull out my exsisting... get half way into in and realize that i need a new torque converter not that big of a deal.. then we got further and realized that the new tranny was a long shaft and mine was a short so i couldn't use my t case which i wanted to do because i was told it was better. its the original cast iron one i guess????? so now i have to use the other t case... the tranny i have is a th400 i think and i'm guessing now i have to put in a th350... so what i'm getting at is, am i just being stupid for not wanting the new tranny and t case, is it as good as the one i have? does any of this make sense? newbie trying to work on his own truck with a friend who said he knew what he was doing... and are all torque converters the same? Any info would be great