Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transmission leak

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DALE, Oct 13, 2000.

1. DALE

DALE Registered Member

HEY GUYS HOW'S EVERYTHING GOING.TODAY I WENT DOWN TO MY LOCAL TRANSMISSION SHOP HERE IN DANBURY CT BECAUSE MY TRANNY IS LEAKING ALITTLE FROM THE FRONT OF IT. THE GUY TOOK A QUICK LOOK AND SAID IT MAY BE LEAKING FROM THE BELL HOUSING, BUT NOT SURE TILL I TAKE IT IN ON MONDAY.I HAVE A 1990 BLAZER WITH 100'000 MILES.I WILL HAVE THE FLUID CHANGED AND THE FILTER. IS THERE ANY THING ELSE I SHOULD HAVE THE TRANNY GUY CHECK OR DO.PLEASE HELP ME.ALSO I SENT IN TO DMV FOR NEW PLATES I MADE THREE CHOICES.RIDNHI,BLAZN1,LKAROC. I HOPE THEY ARE NOT TAKEN

2. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

Sounds like your front pump seal. If it is have them put in a rebuilt front pump rather than just the seal. Not that much more in cost and will save you a headache.

3. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Just a friendly piece of advice, typing in all CAPS makes your post hard to read and is actually considered yelling.