Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transmission leaking...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HD, Sep 17, 2003.

1. HD

HD 1/2 ton status

Okay this may sound dumb, but I am going crazy trying to figure this out. Okay I had to replace my flywheel in my ’75 Blazer. So this meant dropping my transfer case and transmission, when I did this I dropped them together. So after I reinstalled everything I started to notice my transmission slipping a little. So I added more fluid and I’m still loosing fluid. I have tried to look and see where it is coming out but the 27 years of dirt and crap is making it had to see. It looks like the fluid is dripping on to my transfer case skid plate and then on the floor. The only thought that I had was that it was leaking from between my transfer case and transmission, but that doesn’t sound right. Any help? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What kind of T-case? Does it take tranny fluid or gear oil? I only ask because if it takes tranny fluid, maybe it's just coming from your T-case and not the tranny at all.

If it's all grimy you ought to pressure wash it and then let it leak again so you can see.

I'm not sure if you can do it with trans fluid, but one shop I went to tracked down an oil leak by adding a funky dye to the oil. They shined a UV light and the oil glowed green. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. HD

HD 1/2 ton status

I have a T350 transmission and a 203 tranfer case.