Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transmission Lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ndestroya, Sep 5, 2005.

1. ndestroya

ndestroya Registered Member

Hey i am ready to get my truck on the road and alls i need are some transmision lines that go from the trans to the radiator, my problem is the hard lines come out of the trans like they are supposed to and then instead of goin all the way up to the radiator they have rubber hose. I was sondering if i can just go from the hard lines the the rubber hose up to some fittings so that i have the hard lines from the trans goin into rubber hose to the radiator. I was just wondering if the pressure is to great to use the rubber hose? If anyone could answer this question it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,Josh :confused:

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

special hose

If you must use rubber,dont use ordinary fuel line hose--get the right hose for tranny coolers!--fuel line DOES work,but can pop anytime!..most stores have it,some have to order it.dont let the guy at the counter tell you "its good enough"--I know better!.--get hose with "SAE 100R6 written on it--thats the right specs----its best to avoid rubber if possible..I am tempted to make my tranny lines out of copper or aluminum,to prevent them from rusting thru in 1 year!..but I dont know if either are strong enough to resist cracking--all my dealer service manuals say not to use either!--but what is worse,rotted lines,or cracked copper or aluminum??.. :doah: :rolleyes: :crazy:

3. ndestroya

ndestroya Registered Member

trans lines

Thanks alot man i am gonna get the right rubber hose with the specs you told me on it just for now cause i have the truck gettin completely re-wired right now and when it is done i wanna start it to make sure everything is fine cause i have a brand new motor and everything else, then i will get a brand new trans cooler with the lines and whatnot. Thanks again i appreciate it!
    Thanks,Josh