Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transmission lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k51977blazer, Mar 7, 2007.

1. k51977blazer

k51977blazer Registered Member

Ok my lines on my 1977blazer 350 4x4 started leaking so i had this dumb idea to cut the line and replace with a rubber hose well that didnt work of course so my question is i want to go to the autoparts store and get steel lines but i need to know how long they are does anyone know how long they are i know lmc has them allready prebent but i really dont have 55 dollars to spend on each line.ANy help would be greatly appreicated

thank you

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

5/16 lines and any way you look at it you will need to cut and flare.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yep..

5/16" lines 60" long will fit nicely..and you will only need to cut and splice them if you have an aftermarket cooler installed..if not,they will reach and screw right into the tranny and radiator..might have to put a "loop" in one if its a bit too long...I run my tranny lines up in the engine bay,instead of clipped to the OEM brackets on the oil pan..they rust away quick enough around here,without them getting salted down in their original location..:crazy: