Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transmission mount replacements?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72Blazerod, Mar 13, 2003.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

What type of transmssion mounts would you guys suggest? I have the SM465 with the 205 and my rear drive shaft seems do dance all around when I shift gears if I don't totally nurse the clutch. I am putting in the new engine "soon" anyway so i thought new tranny mounts might be in order. Any way, what brand do you guys suggest? Where would you get them? And about how much do they cost? Thanks again.

Rod

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure but I think all the old 205's have the same mounts...If so that means you have some mounts on the bottom of the adapter.
    There are also mounts for the Torque Arm on the side of the 205 going to the frame.

My tranny is out right now but when it goes back in I have some Energy Suspension poly mounts waiting to go in. I got them from Summit. Energy Suspension is a great company to deal with!...and Summit almost always has the best prices.

I have also been told (and it makes sence too) that you shouldn't run poly trans mounts without poly motor mounts so I got those as well. Energy Suspension doesn't make motor mounts for our trucks (or I would have gone with them) so I got Prothane mounts. Be warned the motor mounts I got are red (I wanted black...guess I forgot to ask for block?).

ENS-3-1107G Bushing set, transfer case torque mount, black $17.69
    ENS-3-1106G Chevrolet/GMC: 1968-84 K-series, black, transmission mount $47.69
    PTP-7-509 MOTOR MOUNT $60.69

3. 71blaz

71blaz Registered Member

I just replaced mine and I noticed a small improvement. My old rubber ones were completely shot, but I never noticed my trans jumping all around? Sounds like there is something else going on. All 205's mount the same.Maybe you should take a good look to see if any thing is broken /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Energy Suspension is going under, or so I am told (they're Chapter 11). They haven't had any production runs in a while. Their tranny mounts are still available as old stock right now.

The urethane tranny mounts, along with the urethane body mounts have created a lot of engine noise/vibration in the cabin of my Blazer. I'm thinking on putting my stock rubber tranny mounts back in (they're in good shape, so I can't lose by throwing them back at the Blazer).

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Going under /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I hope not!

[rant] I bet if Gray Davis wasn't in office they would still be live and kicking [/rant]

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Actually, the hobby in general has more pressing issues than one supplier going under. California SB 708 will repeal the exemption for smog testing on all vehicles less than 45 years old. Call, write, or FAX your state senator to voice your opposition of SB 708 on the grounds that the amount of pollutants it will reduce are negligible due to the small number of vehicles that it will now include, that the current emissions check system is over-loaded and adding more vehicles to a more stringent inspeciton program will clog the system further (no matter how small the number), and that the imposition of new standards for vehicles which had very loose or no standards to begin with is ex-post-facto.