Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transmission question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hidesertwheelin, Jan 25, 2007.

1. hidesertwheelin

hidesertwheelin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

When my transmission shifts from 2nd to 3rd, I can feel it shake the whole truck? My rear pinion angle isn't straight, could that be the problem? I'm hopping it's not the trannys, as my suburban is sitting parked with a blow 700r4 right now :(

2. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

does the shaking go away? most likely if it was your pinion angle it would happen all the time not just when it shifts from 2nd to 3rd. sounds like a tranny problem to me. once mine had a problem like similar to that. you know the shaking and jumping you get when you let the clutch out too fast on a standard tranny? thats what mine would do and it turned out to be a bad torque convertor that resulted in a destroyed transmission. the insides were so torn up that I had to transplant all the internals out of another transmission.

3. cabledawg

cabledawg Secret Squirrel Premium Member

Might need to balance the rear driveshaft. I have a similar problem. At 2k rpm in 3rd, I get a nasty vibration. By 3k rpm, its almost undrivable. Right now I just avoid higway driving.