Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transmission rebuild manuals?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Sep 24, 2005.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Anyone have any recommended transmission rebuild manuals? Going to be rebuilding a 700r4 soon and was wondering what manuals people are using?

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ATSG. I asked this a few weeks ago and that was the resounding answer. I've used them at school and found them to be very good manuals. I need to order a bunch for all the different transmissions I'm sure to come across.

I used the instructions that came with my B&M rebuild kit for the TH350 I just did. I must say, the ATSG books are WAY WAY better than that crap.

3. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

For something cheap and easy to get a hold of, the Haynes Transmission Overhaul for Chevys has a complete section with many pictures on rebuilding a 700R4. Got one when I did mine. Good book, and easy step-by-step instructions. Only special tool I bought was the piston spring compressor. Got it off ebay for $40. Took me about a week, working on and off in a garage. Transmission didnt last too long, but I know it was my error... make sure everythings clean when you install stuff, and those little filters go in strait :doah: :rolleyes: