Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transmission Temp Gauge

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Aug 16, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I just got my Transmission temperature gauge from auto meter and it looks exactly like the probe for a water temp gauge where it goes in the manifold. Do they expect me to cut a whole in the pan and weld a fitting in there? I have seen posts on here to put it on the line out to the transmission cooler. How did ya'll put the probe in there if you did? With a big ass T? Which one is the line out on a 700R4, the top or bottom line. Thanks in advance - Doug

Doug Krebs

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I thjink out is the bottom one but I am not sure. It jusrt makes sense it would go through the top and then fall down to the bottom and go out.

90K5

3. I went down to Auto zone and bought the B&M drain plug kit and put it in my pan, then put in a VDO 300 degree temp sender($16) and a VDO gauge($28)I haven't actually got the truck back on the road to tell you how well it works though. The VDO sender came with three or four sizes for adapting it to many things !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

4. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

What 'Burb said. Just FYI- You don't have to weld that fitting in either. Just drill a hole, slide the collar through, and screw the nut on the other side. As a bonus, you simply take the sender out to change/drain your tranny fluid.

<font color=blue>~BigBurban</font color=blue>
    http://www.geocities.com/crash607

5. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Can also be put in pressure taps on side of case. But I would do the drain plug idea.