Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transmission woes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CenTxk5blazer, Mar 27, 2003.

1. CenTxk5blazer

CenTxk5blazer Registered Member

I got my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif back today and while at the tranny shop they told me that the spacer that's under my holley carb, has the carb sitting to high. This in turn is messing w/ the geometry of the TV cable, and would eventually cause the tranny to burnup.

Also they said that they couldn't get it adjusted properly and it will most likely shift to early or late and sometimes hard. Which it did while I grove it back home.

They mentioned that I should consider getting a stock carb or a new holley intake manifold to help correct it? Is this correct or are these guys messing with me?

Now I do have a 700r4 in it and before everyone tells me that i should get a 400 or 350, I like having the OD and don't really run it that hard all that often since it's my DD.

I also have an externaly mounted tranny cooler on it, in front of the radiator, and don't know the brand. In addition, I don't have a tranny temp gauage and don't know how hot it gets. I'll eventually get one sometime when my schedule settles down.

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I would think there should be enough adjustment in the TV cable to compensate for a small spacer, but may be wrong. They are correct in saying that an improperly adjusted cable can cause early transmission failure.

3. CenTxk5blazer

CenTxk5blazer Registered Member

I understand that, but I took it back there a few months prior to having it rebuilt again b/c the front seal was leaking. It had the holley on it then and they didn't say anything to me, so I don't know?

More input would be great since I've never heard of this happening before.

4. BowtieGuy3

BowtieGuy3 Guest

I believe Summit sells a throttle/TV moutn that is height adjustable...I think it's Lokar Or Edelbrock that might make them....

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif