Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transmission

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Nov 22, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

700R gone, putting in TH400. Is this a simple drop out 700R and bolt in TH400. What do I need to look for? Already figured on the vacum line from TBI to Trans? Know about some man linkage adjustment. Question is the actual dropping of the trans, this is new for me, do I just support transfer case, transmission and start unbolting at bell housing? Any and all help would be appreciated. Have a Haynes manual, but still looking for better descrition.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Drive shafts are different, if you want a kickdown on the th400 you need the switch that bolts to the gas pedal. You can drop it as a unit. A trans jack would be best to do it as a unit. Also you will probably have to drill new holes in the frame for the crossmember.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

the output shaft splines are different on the 400 &amp; 700R4, you will have to change transfer cases or switch the input gear to one for a turbo 400 in your transfer case.

4. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Tranny is pretty easy to remove, the first time i took mine out it took only about 2 1/2 hours. The transfer case comes down as one unit with crossmember attached. Then hit the torque conv. bolts, and bellhousing bolts. If your truck still has the factory Y pipe, you can even leave it intact and connected. just lift tranny over and past it. Have fun[​IMG]

1990 K5 4" lift, 33's, 3.73's Raptor Tranny and Velvet Rides....

5. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Shes out, and getting ready to install new TH400. Thanks for help as it went smooth, yet slow and methodical. Found my electrical short too, ground strap looked like crap, it was. So now just to reinstall Th400, Put in new pedal assemble for kickdown, build my doubler, have all the parts, and install, then get shafts.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General