Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TRANSMISSION

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ty3724, Feb 23, 2002.

1. ty3724

ty3724 Newbie

I NEED SOME HELP I HAVE A 700R4 IN MY BLAZER NOW AND I HAVE HEARD THAT TH350 IS BETTER ? MY ENGINE AND BLAZER DUE NOT HAVE THE CONTROLS FOR THE LOCK UP TORQUE CONVERTER. I BOUGHT A TCI WIRINING KIT FOR THIS BUT U CANT FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS THE DIAGRAM IS CRAP DOES ANY KNOW HOW TO WIRE THIS THING IN ? THANKS FOR THE HELP

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well I'm not sure I would call a TH350 better. I will say it's less tempermental. A 700 is a good tranny because of the OD. I have seen them take a lot of abuse. Bud of mine has a very built 350 in front of a 700 in his 72. He's hard on stuff. Mr there isn't enough throttle, If I'm stuck I'm not pushing down hard enough on the throttle kind of guy. His was built right and taking all the abuse he can dish out.
    A tranny's worse enemy is heat. BIG tranny cooler is a must. Another thing is having the right gears. Running 35's on 3.08 gears ...forget it your going to torch the thing. With it having OD you want to get the right gear. 4.56's up till 36's. then need to go to a 5 something gear. That will keep the thing from hunting in and out of OD. Will turn a little more RPMS but it will be less abusive on the clutches and lockup.
    Sorry never wired the TCI deal so can't help you there.
    Welcome to CK5
    A few tips.
    Try a search first. somebody may already have a great post that might help you out.
    Typing in caps is known as SCREAMING in the cyber world. It's also very hard to read. loose the caps lock.
    When asking a question try to tittle it in refference to your problem. It will get more hits by the people that might have you an answer. Better tittle for your post would be "Converter lock up help." Will catch people that can helps eye a little better.
    Also include details when asking stuff. A lot of us will do this in our signature. Include information like 84K4 350, 700r4, 2400 rpm converter, 4.56 gears. It will help us help you faster.
    Fill in your Bio if you haven't allready. Especialy the truck part. If you forget to give details important to a question then people can check you bio and go "he's got a 700 r4, right gears, and FI etc" it will help keep down junk posts that are not answering your question.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper