Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transmission?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88GLAZER, Jan 21, 2003.

1. 88GLAZER

88GLAZER 1/2 ton status

I'm not too familliar with trannies, but I think that mine is going. when I step on the trottle hard, it down shifts and the engine screams like it should, the only thing is that the truck dosent take off like it should. It stays at the same speed that I was traveling before it downshifted. Is there any way to know for sure what the problem is. Also I am having trouble with my heat. I go to school in WV, and it has been damn cold! the heater blows air but it doesnt get hot enough to warm the truck. The engine temp is up, I was thinking the core could be buggerd up. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

sounds like your trans is sliping but before you pull it out check the fluid level and condition. as for the heater make sure your rad is clear full, if its not you wont have water in the core to heat the air.

3. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

actually I would check the fluidlevels in the tranny AND the radiator. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

If fluid levels are ok try backflush on heater core.If you have used stopleak it seems to stop heater cores flow sometimes.Had to replace mine cause of this. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif