Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transmission?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by PattBlue, Nov 29, 2000.

1. PattBlue

PattBlue Registered Member

Okay another 700R4 going?...Well really its called a 4L60E (I know a 700R4). Anyway the last 2 days I was driving down the road in Overdrive (I know don't do that!!) at about 45 Mph and its starts to shudder. I press the gas and it down shifts no more stutter. If I'm on the gas it runs fine but if I'm just moseying along its jerks. Today I was driving in Drive and shifted to OD (I know) and it CLUNKED..needless to say I went back to Drive. Well what do ya think..rebuild?? Only has 80,000 miles no hard 4X4ing although..I think??? it had a plow on it. Also no Tranny cooler. A buddy said MAYBE a solenoid went bad..sound familiar? Just dont want to hear that $1000.00 rebuild..neither does the wife around Xmas. THANKS!!

2. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

I've got a 4L60E in a new model camaro, and it's totally computer controlled. 700R4's have only a lockup controlled by the computer (if you have a lockup) I doubt you have the new computer version unless you have an efi set up from a new chevy truck.. The shudder may be a universal joint. This maybe a cheap fix so I'd check it first. Also check mounts and anything else that bolts. It could just be a converter, but personally I'd take it to a tranny shop and get a free diagnostic. These are the professionals. It could be the lockup isn't working properly, but if it works in drive then leave it there unless you are ready to pay the price...

Love, Peace, and Hair Grease...........