Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transmossion prob

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Jan 12, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

whenever i crank my car and put it in drive it dies. it works in reverse and park. 1 and 2 do the same as drive. if you keep the brake pressed and the gas revved it will stay running barely but kick and sputter like crazy. could it be the vaccum or the shift actuator?its a 90 taurus

thanks

nathan

2. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    transmossion

[/ QUOTE ] Maybe it is mad at you for mis-spelling its parts /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    ya it could be that, Id check that first.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

next time i'll put a disclaimer for spelling in there. how do you check one of those? besides put on a new one?

nathan

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

i ferget,, id first make sure the rubber line isnt cracked or something. and make sure the line has NO fluid in it /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif and that it isnt pooking into the intake manifold pressure , if it is, the exhaust will smell really sweet, like tranny fluid. and you need to put a vacume guage on it and see if its at spec, for each gear. i forget the spec though. it may be opening WIDE open and acting as a vacume leak.
    If that isnt it then your ecm may not be sending the right mixture / curve for being in gear at low rpm's.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

thanks

nathan /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif