Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transport from CA to AZ

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sjvcon, Jun 30, 2004.

1. sjvcon

sjvcon Registered Member

Help ... I just won a bid on an M1008 out of Vandenberg AFB in Califonia. Oh dopey me ... since I had hauled a truck to AZ on a trailer before, I assumed I could get one that would handle that rig. Nobody in town will rent one that I have found ... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Does anyone have a clue where I might rent a trailer that will haul a 5900lb +/- vehicle. I would be towing it with a '94 3/4 ton Burb with a 454. Otherwise, is $575 reasonable to have it shipped, seeing as I will spend at least $150 more in fuel to get there and meed the guy who would do the pick up??? Any thoughts?

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I think you can fit it on a regular car hauler from uhaul. You just can't be ah .... completely honest. I would loan you my flat bed but it's on loan to someone else right now.

3. sjvcon

sjvcon Registered Member

Bingo .... I found one .... I knew that one of the trailer manufacturers would give me a good lead.