Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Transportation help from Oklahoma city, Ok to Delaware or St. Louis

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big pappa b, Oct 3, 2003.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Hey guys, just trying to get a feel if I can work something out here. I think I have made a deal to get a D60 and 14B but it's in Okc and I'm 1400 miles east in delaware. I pretty much blew my wad on this. i can afford to pay some gas money but not much else. I'd like to cut this mileage down if possible by having some of my K5 bro's help a brother out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Worst case, I would need help getting them to Delaware or if not that then St. Louis.
    Anyone got some free time??

2. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

i don't see why a few of us couldn't help with short sections of the run. i can help with getting them from okc to wichita at least, might be able to work something out to get them farther north. i know there are a couple of guys in kc that might have a reason to be close to here that can keep moving them farther north. kc to st louis isn't a bad deal for someone with a reason to make that trip.

3. big pappa b

yeah, a K5 train would be cool. I was thinking a route right up I44 to Springfield, Mo to St. Louis would be a better route but I'm not gonna be picky if someone wants to help

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I live in Missouri and might be up for a drive from KC to St. Louis. I live in Central MO and have friends in both KC and STL. Lived in STL for a while, so I know the town. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I am booked the month of October and planning a run to Attica in early November if that is a possibility, I could bring them that far.

How about contacting someone from BB03 to see if they are traveling back your way. I have friends in Tulsa also who might be willing to help out.

If I am not available to make the drive, It would be cool to try to meet someone who does drive through Missouri. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

I was going to offer, but Neil beat me to it.
    You could store them here in Columbia at my place(or Neil's I bet) for a while if need be. Or, I have a place in St. Louis you could leave them for a little while if you need a lay over spot. (but few guarentees that i won't just steal them for myself....)
    Blake

6. big pappa b

Thanks for the offers guys. Well if "Got Mud" can get it to KC and Neil or Blake can get it somewhere east towards st. louis, I think that will be good enough. My military schedule is REAL tight unless I take leave. Dan & Bryan (Krazie87K5 and Laketex) can verify this. When I bought his 454, I drove 1300 miles roundtrip in 27 hours..from Delaware to the northern Indiana/Ohio border. I got home and had to be at work 3 hours later /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    I don't want to attempt that feat again. My main thing is just getting them moving in my direction right now. I WILL find a way to get them.
    This post is still open for offers /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

If you need some help on the last leg of the trip or a hand unloading them, let me know. I could probably swing out toward Central PA and then down through DE.

I am planning a trip to central PA to pick up some parts from someone in OH, but that probably won't be until Jan.

8. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

pappa- how's about you edit that first post with a game plan for moving these things. i have no problem meeting someone in okc to pick them up and bringing them to wichita. wakeboard&4x4er, 86k5pos and backyardbuilt are all in olathe area near kc and one of them may be a quicker route to get them to the kc area. i think others had opted for short runs as well. i will look into a cheap trailer to further the run from here. also- are these loaded axles or bare or what? do they have wheels/tires to move on?

9. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I know from experience, its better to have tires on a D60/14 Bolt for moving them.

What is the plan guys? I will need to know several days in advance as to where I am to pick up the parts and where to deliver them. Is there any truck drivers here in the CK5 community? Maybe we could check their schedule for driving through.

Oh and Blake, if we are involved, we BOTH are involved brother! That means, you are riding shotgun! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    there any truck drivers here in the CK5 community?

[/ QUOTE ]

guilty as charged /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif doin my part already /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

If timing is an issue for Neil, I could also help make part of the run.

12. big pappa b

I'm still working on the time frame. He was in the process of removing them from the truck the other day. These are fully loaded axles. No wheels /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'll see if he has a crappy set to put on
    As soon as I hear back from him I will let everyone know and we can get some details worked out. I think my plan will be to drive to the St.Louis area and rent a uhaul trailer to bring back my way
    There will also be a front and rear bumper along for the ride. Shouldn't take up much more room, just stack them on top /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Here's what the items are:
    D60 w/ORD crossover & MO diff cover
    14B FF disc brake, MO diff cover & axle truss
    4x4 Iron rear bumper w/tire carrier
    Smitty built front tube bumper

Now stop drooling /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

if some one can get it to wichita, i will take to KC....

14. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Why not...pick'm up your self...
    AND visit some CK5er's on the way...
    I'm sure I'm not the only one along Your route that would give you a place to crash!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. big pappa b

Id love to and it's not totally out of the question but right now it would have to be November before I could make the trip..1440 miles here to OK versus 900 to St. Louis. My schedule is already made for October so I can't change it. November is still open...hmmm
    I'm gonna think about this...Did I mention how I hate road trips??

16. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Emmetology found a d60, 2 14bff....for $450!!!!
    Why didn't YOU jump on that...it was in NY!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Emmetology found a d60, 2 14bff....for $450!!!!
    Why didn't YOU jump on that...it was in NY!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have the guys info, but not sure if they're still available... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Okay, not trying to volunteer anyone here, but you might contact SkulznBonz (John) and see if he maybe could get them shipped to you cheaper than paying the gas to have them pony expressed to you. He can have things shipped from dock to dock for a sweet price, I was going to have a 10B and 14Bff (500 lbs is what we figured to weight at) shipped from Cleveland, OH to OKC the price was going to be like $120. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I can not gaurnatee he can help you out, but it is worth a try. I am sure John and I can arrange to get them palleted and to the dock. Did you get these from PetaKane? John has dealt with him before so getting them is not a problem. Let me know if want to try to set this up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Krennen

19. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Ya know I'll help. Bryan, you have mail.

John

20. bigpappab2

bigpappab2 Registered Member

Just wanted to say thanks for hooking me up guys. I qot a quote of $260 to have all this shipped from OK to MD

D60 w/ORD crossover & MO diff cover
    14B FF disc brake, MO diff cover & axle truss
    4x4 Iron rear bumper w/tire carrier
    Smitty built front tube bumper

My gas was gonna cost $150+ - plus food (that's alot) and my time. No second thoughts about this one