Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

transporting a car cross country?????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bablazer73, Nov 25, 2004.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have been looking for an El Camino. But everthing I find in decent shape is 2,000 miles away! Texas, Arizona, New Mexico. and thats a trip to NY. has anybody ever had a vehilcle shipped? any problems with it? What if it doesn't run? I found a rust free truck, but had no engine. I know some of the regular transporters won't touch it if it doesn't run and drive on it's own.

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I have heard of price quotes coast to coast of $1200-2000.00+. If you mention "classic" car, the price immediately goes up. If you find a car out this way, let me know. I am always looking for a reason to take a trip back to MD.

I have a friend moving out here in January that needs help moving stuff, so I am thinking about driving back to bring out some stuff for him on my trailer.

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

when i moved from OK to CA i put the MINI in the back of a U-Haul, im at work or else id post up pic's. Looked pretty funny /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

If you are serious, shoot me a pm. I am getting ready to hav a non running truck shipped from Cali to Florida. The cheapest I found was $845 and $915, door to door, insured, etc.
    And it is a non running vehicle.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i had a running car shipped from AZ to IN using www.dasautoshippers.com. it didnt have any brakes on it, so they treated it as a non running car. cost like $745 door to door.

6. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

I got a quote for 600 from a dealer for a K5.... maybe I can find his email for ya?? CA to NH

7. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

where are you looking at getting it from? I'll shoot you a PM