Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Travel to/from So Cal soon?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Mar 17, 2005.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Anyone going to/from So Cal soon that could bring a seat back this way? I'm looking at the seats Jason is getting rid of for my son, who wants split bench in his K5 that he's finally rekindled an interest in. Problem is, too big to ship reasonably, and I have no reason to go in the near future. Dedicated trip to go get them pretty much kills the value of the deal... I would be glad to pay gas or something if someone could take on a little cargo. TIA...

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I make weekly trips into the Palm Springs area. I leave Saturday mornings and usually get off work on Tuesdays and drive to Havasu. If you want to set something up send me a pm.....

3. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

sent you a pm with my contact info for you......

4. BadDog

Thanks, PM'ed back.

5. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

If you still need help, I may be going from LA area to Mesa area next Friday. Let me check with the hubby to make sure and then I'll PM ya.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If this comes to fruition for you , let me know when your leaving . I have a chrome water neck for mxfieman I can give you for him :grin:

7. BadDog

Thanks, Jason is just North of LA in Bakersfield.

Pauly, already know about the waterneck and will do if this comes together with mxfireman. Sounds like mini_mull may be closer on both ends though, if it works out that way. Still, glad to help out if I can.

8. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Still have to check with hubby to make sure we're going (he's at school and not answering his cell). Mapquest shows Bakersfield about 2 hours north of me, do you think he could get it down to me or at least closer to me for pickup?

9. BadDog

Yeah, should be no problem. He said he would meet up if needed. Either way, I'll pay you for fuel and trouble if this happens, I don't want to put anyone out, it's not worth it for a seat. Just got to find out what it's going to take and if the trouble caused is going to be worth it for a seat. Why can't stuff like that ever be local? :crazy:

Anyway, thanks for considering it...

10. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Looks like we're coming for sure. Now we just need to figure out how to get the seat down here, or closer for pickup. I'm 8 months pregnant :crazy: and have a 4 yr old, so I don't want to drive too far out of town by myself, but I could go meet him somewhere a little north of LA if he can't bring it all the way to Alhambra, where I am. I'm home with the little one, so my schedule is pretty flexible. Also, I obviously can't help load it. Anyways, I'm happy to do whatever I can. Part of the reason we were thinking about not making the trip was the cost of gas, so this will help both of us out.:thumb:

I know what you mean, nothing I need is ever local either. Probably a good thing most of the time though, because if everything was close I'd be breaking the bank.:grin:

11. BadDog

Ok, thanks. I'll check with Jason, still haven't heard from him today.