Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Travel Trailer Parts

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by willyswanter, Oct 7, 2004.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Alright, I've seen all the parts websites with axles, fenders, etc. I need windows, doors, etc. I want to build a camper on the front of my gooseneck from scratch. I have found everything I need accept small sliding windows for the sides and a nice full height motorhome or trailer door.

2. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Jason, try this place: Cherokee RV . They are close to my house, and if you need me to take a look at anything, let me know. I could also ship stuff off to you if needed (if they won't/can't). You might want to consider buying an older camper to dissassemble and rebuild on the goose. That way you have all of the small hardware you need. Let me know if you find a company selling fiberglass exterior panels. I have not been able to find anyone yet (although years ago, I found a commercial plastics company selling sheets of it, but not cheap).

4. willyswanter

Thanks for the links. I'll be sheeting the outside in aluminum, same stuff thats on my race car trailer, I like the smooth look /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

If your building it on the front of your goose, then go all out. YOur not limited to the width of the pickup bed anymore. YOu might as well get a small regular door. Just remember, whatever furnature you have in there must fit through that doorway!!!

6. willyswanter

It's mainly just going to be on top of the tongue of the trailer. It will be 100" wide and about 96" long total. There will be a small "bed" area at the front running lengthwise and then a small ladder going down from that area to the trailer deck height and then about 2-3 more feet then the door going onto the deck of the trailer. The lower part will have a fridge and a sink and the upper area will just have the bed and a tv and lights.

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

again, having the full width of the trailer really is a blessing. You can fit a full love seat in there, as well as have great storage for water.

8. willyswanter

Yeah but I don't really think your quite getting what I'm doing... I'm just building it up on top of the tongue. I'll only have 3 feet of headroom in there...

9. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif
    Its almost like an extra large cowboy camper, but a super small, truck camper! Im still wondering what is the use of fridge. (I have one, but still debating whether or not to remove it.) the new ice boxes all last like 5 days. Im guessing if you camped longer than that, it would be a consideration. Im not even a big fan of cooking inside.

10. willyswanter

I ALWAYS have problems of my food getting wet in my ice chests... I can put them in 3 zip lock bags and still from all the bouncing the ice cuts into the bags... By the 2nd day I always have soggy bread and wet meat /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Figured with a fridge I can keep all the eating stuff nice and safe in it while on the trail and just keep the drinks and stuff in the truck.

11. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

True, very true... I havent had too much of the wet bread, but I can tell ya, it aint tasty. Wet meat isnt too bad.

One of my ice boxes has a shelf on it, so you can put the cheese, bread, and other unsealed stuff on top. Bottom is tall enoguh to fit 2 liter bottles of soda.