Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

travelin' man?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryan22re, Feb 12, 2006.

1. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

how many of you guys work for weeks or months away from home? do you like it? those guys with families...do you think that you missed anything? would you do it again?

may be possible for me to get promoted, and have to start traveling around. germany for a month, then to chicago, ohio, canada, arizona/nevada desert. just wondering if it would be worth it. guy said id be gone a week every month or so.

2. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Heh you almost asked it...

Anyways, germany is awesome. Only desert I been to sucked, but that was in UAE

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

:thinking:

asked what?

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I used to work on an out-of-town crew with the Gas Co., and when I was younger I worked a camp job in Northern Alberta for about 5 months, 10 days on and 4 off.

IMHO, working away from home sucks. I like sleeping in my own bed, and restaurant/camp food 3 meals a day gets tiresome fast. Now that I'm married with kids I would never do it again. That being said, out-of-town money is better, as long as you don't drink it all away......