Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TRE and DLE Interfering with each other and draglink contacting spring

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudFlap, Apr 13, 2004.

1. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

I have crossover and Highsteer. I have the short, right hand thread 1 ton TREs on both ends of my draglink and Tierod. I have Sky Steering Arms. On the Passenger side arm the TREs on the tierod and draglink are in contact with each other rather badly.

Has anyone else had this problem? And what did you do to solve it?

I temporarily ground off part of the TREs that were touching each other, but I don't want to leave this as a permeanent fix.

Also, when my passenger side of the axle drops and my springs "bow" upwards, the springs hit the draglink. I have made three draglinks, to try to remedy the problem and I ended up having to make the draglink straight on that end to keep it from hitting my spring, but it is playing havoc on my link ends. I have 6" TC EZ rides, and a tapered zero-rate and a 3" longer shackle. I know that the height of the zero-rate plus the taper is adding to my problem. Who else has had this problem and what did you do to fix it? Right know I am thinking about changing my shackle to 2" longer and putting less taper into the zero rate and possibly machining the zero-rate down to make it thinner. but I still don't know if it will be enough. I am just looking for some advise from someone that has gone through this before.

Also just for comparison, how much clearance do yall with no zero rate and crossover have between your spring and draglink when the passenger side droops?

Thanks,

Trey

2. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

Anybody out there?

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

You arn't the first one to work around the zero-rate versus crossover draglink problem....I don't know what people do it to fix it besides changing one of the other...
    What brand of steering arms are you running ?
    Blake

4. MudFlap

MudFlap 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the reply. I am running Sky Arms.

Does anybody have any input about the TREs hitting each other on the passenger side arm, I know that someone else has had this problem.

Thanks,

Trey