Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tread lightly please, before all trails are closed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Mar 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

An email I received about destruction, this makes us all look bad and makes it easier to close trails.

Hi Id just like to know if you have ever discused the reasoning for treading
    light and the basic need for not destroying private property?On 3/17/01 some
    of your Arizona memebers met up and came out to a remote AZ historical
    site.Seems as soon as they arrived they couldnt contain themselves and began
    stripping parts off of equipment destroying the interior and then driving
    their vehicles ontop of other vehicles that have ben left untouched since the
    early 80's.Granted these vehicles arent of great value its just the fact that
    ill put this nicely idiots like this ruin 4 wheeling for everyone else.I
    could not believe the disconcern for the private property these people
    showed.They even went as far as entering one of the old houses at this site
    digging through closets and throwing stuff around like a bunch of animals.
    Fortunatly a few members acted as adults and did not get involved or at least
    admited to the wrong doing.We are curantly debaiting as to wether the Yavapi
    County Sheriffs Department will notified of the sensless ditruction.And on a
    lighter note if you folks cant go 4 wheeling without raping and pilaging
    private property on your roadtrips why dont you take up Golf and not ruin the
    great outdoors for the rest of us.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

WOW....That is very disterbing. Is this true? How is it that they are "Your Memebers"? Oh mabie the CK5 sticker?
    Damn.....................................................................

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

That is rather disturbing. Granted, they cant pinn anything on being a member of CK5, but still.. I know we kid around alot about driving over Honda's and stuff... but in reality, we really can't. I don't know if the claims are substantiated, but driving into private property and doing that kind of dammage doesnt reflect upon 4 wheeling in general.

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

It goes back to treating others the way you want to be treated and that goes for personal property also. What were they doing on private property anyway?!!!!!

[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

ok, somebody fess up.

and the rest of us should remember that bad impressions last a long time.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

6. muddin4fun

Were they the people that were getting a group together over the forums a little ways back? Hmmmm......*rubbing chin*

[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I am in AZ but I have not been out with any of the guys on CK5 here. Frankly, if I had witnessed such behavior *I* would have (if possible) reported them to the local authorities if I could not get them to stop. Now, in general, the AZ guys I've seen post on here do not strike me as being the sort of irresponsible, juvenile, idiots that would participate in that sort of thing. I know that the guys I've gone out with in the past (in AZ, not on CK5) would never put up with such behavior. But I have also filled the back of my old Blazer with beer bottles, cans, and other assorted trash when I ran across the remains of “party camps” so I know that there are people out here who are that stupid. Remember, it is also quite possible that the story is completely false or greatly exaggerated by someone with some ulterior motive, like the eco-nazis or someone with a grudge.

I guess all I’m saying is that (if it is even true) this could be the result of one juvenile (or not) delinquent with a CK5 sticker in with a bunch of boozer buddies showing the world how foolish they all are. I don’t think it is indicative of the AZ members in general. There are almost certainly several of “that type” of twit on this board in various states. Of course, the people who think it is cool to do that almost never have ba!!s to publicly admit it.

I highly doubt it was the group who went out this weekend. If it is, I guess this post will guarantee that I never get invited along in the future, but, if that is the case, so much the better...

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

8. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    You know we have'nt seen a post on how the run went, time will tell, I sure hope it was not the Az. CK5 crowd.
    Maybe its the begining of an April fools joke ! let's hope so.

9. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

This is not garbage...i witnessed it for myself...but thought better of opening my mouth because i have my own way of dealing with idiots like this...one of the accused as it were was talked to and was very sorry for his actions...and i commend him for it.... However the other two involved with their own version of K5 Monster truck showing off were 1) BigDaddy...who first tried to run over a mid 80's Bronco 2...and then if that wasn't enough he and Clint'sK5 went down into the creek and did the same to a couple more vehicles.

With my temper my first reaction is to give the moron atitude adhustment...but one senslise act does not require another. The person that sent the email to Steve is a friend of mine who was dredging the creek with me and also witnessed the stupidity. We have been visiting this historic ghost town with the owners permission for 6 years now...and we try to watch over and preserve this place as it is a nice place to get away from life for a weekend. And that is why my friend feels further action is warranted.

Round 2...AZK5 brought a buddy with a Toyota who found it necessary to remove the air horn from an old MACK dumptruck...and pilage thru the old house and dump cabinet contents on the floor while we were down working the creek.

I highly suggest the people mentioned do not visit that area again...

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I posted yesterday about Treading Lightly on public lands. Treading lightly is something I believe in and I have to say I'm hugely disappointed that this happened. Our club has regular trail clean-ups and with all the garbage we see and pick up I get frustrated, but until now the problem has been without a name or face. Unfortunately the blame for these actions will be borne by us all.[​IMG]

The other thing to consider though, is that nobody is incapable of change, and perhaps ignorance and testosterone were mitigating factors. I think it would be much more beneficial to educate rather than ostracise.

Just some random thoughts from a shocked CK5er.....

Rene

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jules.coloradok5.com>http://jules.coloradok5.com</A>

11. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sounds to me like there are some people on here that need to go talk to that owner and see what they can do to make it up. DUMB KIDS!!! GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!!! Some of us do like to 4x4 WITH SOME [censored] BRAINS!!! Now I just wonder if there are any of them eco-nazis out there reading this crap and thinking if the MWSK5T people are as STUPID to do this stuff?!?!!? You make a bad name for us your dumb[censored].

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://SK-15.coloradok5.com>http://SK-15.coloradok5.com</A>
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!

12. I'll make my coments short.People like this ruin it for everyone!!!
    All they do is fuel the eviro jerks fire,and withs this kind of [censored] going on I can see where some of them feel the way they do.TO BAD WE ALL HAVE TO SUFER THE ACTIONS OF THESE [censored]'S!!!!!! I'ld call the sherif if I were your buddie,these folks need to lern a lesson and not just a verbal one on this board! Maybe they would like it if we get a group together and do a little wheeling on their land and have some sudistic fun and let them whatch,but then we would'nt be any beter than them so just call the cops and let them deal with it.It may seem rash but I'ld remove them from the board if i were me.But hell thats just my $.02

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well since we know who these people are I think that it would be proper to ask for them to make restitution by going out there and cleaning up the mess they made. Also donating some time to the owner of said property might be a good jesture for what they cannot repair. They need to spend some time and go through the Tread Lightly web site and learn to treat the land and property, both public and private, with respect!
    It's crap like this that does ruin for all of us. You guy's need to be men about it and make it right. If you can't do so please don't bother to come back and please remove the CK5 stickers from your vehicle so as not to defile the name and the rest of the peoples reputation that wear the CK5 stickers with pride in the community.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

14. BadDog

You know, who am I to tell you anything AZBLAZER but, I would get the names and as much contact information as you have on the idiots who did this and hand it to the owner as well as local authorities. Take action! I don't care who these clowns are but if you (and I do applaud you for stepping forward) don't do something to show others that this is not generally accepted by the off road crowd, then people will assume that it is. It might also go a long way to assuring the owner that it wont happen again and just might leave your options open to go back again. A nice fat fine, confiscation of trucks used to perpetrate the damage, and community service to fix the damage they did would also go a long way to fixing those pathetic f’ing twits attitude. You know who you are!

As far as the guy who was “very sorry for his actions”, I don’t find that commendable if that is as far as it goes. Doing harm and then just saying, “I’m sorry” does not work for responsible adults. Unless this guy is an adolescent, that don’t cut it with me and it should not cut it with anyone else. What is it with all these people who think they can do anything they choose and then avoid the consequences by saying “I’m sorry”? What ever happened to responsibility and accountability? Now, if he went to the owner, apologized and offered to fix the damage he caused (and maybe a little extra for good measure) then I would find that commendable. Oh well, different standards I guess and who cares what I think anyway…

Too bad we didn’t hear a story about a group of responsible off road enthusiasts getting together and confronting/stopping this foolishness instead of observing while others in the group destroyed private property. I’m not saying that if the fools were violent and/or drunk (seems like they usually are) that you needed to put yourself in danger by confronting them at a disadvantage. Sounds like there were only 3 or 4 involved, surely there were at least twice that many more who did not go along with it? Honestly, IMHO, if these guys are not handed over, everyone involved deserves what they get if the owner closes this property to everyone. I think people who observe a crime and do nothing (including report everything they know) are just as guilty as those who did the damage.

Please excuse my strong words, I don’t intend to start a flame war but that is how I feel and it really makes me angry. This type of behavior by irresponsible adults is exactly the reason we are loosing access to all the beautiful areas that we once had available. Not only that, but it is the same force that is costing us many more of the good things in life. These people are no different from the people whose behavior results in the need for car/house alarms, gated communities, women carrying mace, etc. I don’t appreciate paying the cost that their stupidity is levying against my life.

I’m sure it will not make me very popular with the group out here but so be it. Doesn’t sound like I would fit in anyway…

Bad Dog

15. muddin4fun

I know I've replied already to this post, but I'm still ticked! This is the reason that enviromentalist have grounds to stand on. I agree that we need to make it VERY apparent that this is not accepted by the offroading community. Even if those people are adolecents, they need to talk to the owner, in person, and tell them they realize they were f'n idiots and ask the owner what they could do to make it up to them. I don't care how old you are! You screw up! You make it right! A 4 year old should be taught this! I was!!!! There are hardly anymore good trails open because of this bulls*it! You must always remember that it takes 5 rights to correct 1 wrong!!!! For every one time a dumba$$ takes a trail, it takes five people to take a trail and leave it nice to make up for it and there are a lot of dumba$$es. You're right Steve! They should in no way ever affiliate themselves with the ColoradoK5 group. I urge those people to come face to face with the land owner and let that guy beat the he!! out of them if that's what he wants!!! That was not their land to destroy!!!!!!

[​IMG]

16. That makes me sick, this is a bad reflection on the Arizona K5er's. We are not all this way, I know the spot that Doug pointed out, it is a nice place to go and not far from home. I will volunteer to go up there to help clean up if those $#@*heads don't fess up, join the adult world and get their asses back out there.
    The Earth is only ours once, we must not give it away!

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

17. muddin4fun

AZBlazeMan:
    Congrats on being a bigger man then they are. *insert applause here* I don't hold it against everyone who lives in AZ. I have some in-laws that live out there and they would gladly beat the tar out of those people.

[​IMG]

18. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

Grrrrrrrr. Its PoS like this who caused the local four wheeler (and 2 wheeler) spot to be shut down. That was back in 94. I still see(from the freeway) the police and local ranger chasing people out of there. A$$fuqs like this ruin it for the people that tread lightly.It only takes one a$$hole to ruin the whole bunch. I would have called the police or Ranger immediatly. F-them. Idiots dont realize that if they have a group name or company on theyre truck, people think the idiots represent that name or logo. It F's it up for the rest of us.Damn, some people just need to F-ing wake up. Oh, and im sure they werent drunk or stoned.GRRRRRRRRRR

/vent *off*

One From None

19. BadDog

AZBlazeMan, I don't have a ride or I would join you if the jackasses responsible do not "fess up" and do the right thing. However, if you would accept a passenger, I will gladly join you and help when/if you go.

muddin4fun, my comment about "an adolescent" didn't come out right. I didn't intend to indicate that "I'm sorry" would be sufficient even though that is what my previous words said. I am a firm believer in responsibility and consequences (adjusted for age) even for children (just ask my kids! [​IMG]). What I really meant was that I would not even “commend” and adult for saying “I’m sorry”, they should know better and have more self-control than that. An adolescent on the other hand should probably be commended for acknowledging the mistake with an apology. Then, if they do not understand the need for restitution (which they should have been taught by there parents but don’t even get me started on that) they can be educated. Of course, anyone lacking that level of self-control and maturity does not deserve a license or vehicle and certainly should not be allowed out without supervision in the near future until they demonstrate *some* level of maturity…

Bad Dog

20. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

Whats up with that guy's. One bad apple in the whole bunch will ruin it for everyone else. There comes a time when you have to think with the big head not the little one. No offense ladies. Be real men and admit what you did so you don't make the rest of use look bad? Later LittleJimmy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.