Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tree Huggers are yelling at us, and people like this are causing it!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Corey-88K5, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Hey folks,

I was just logging out of Hotmail and I seen this item about how to wheel your grand ma's SUV or something. The idiots writing this and that were the Tech's were suggesting getting off the marked and posted trail and wheel where you feel your vehicle can make it, they don't mention that if you vehicle isn't setup for where you are ALLOWED to wheel, you shouldn't wheel, their answer to the problem... Just tear up some place where there is no trail... WTF!!!!
    /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    If anybody feels the need, get the word out!

/forums/images/icons/confused.gif
    Pick Your Own Line
    On off-road trails, it's often tempting to just drive your vehicle on the same tire tracks and ruts as the vehicle that went before you.

But you should pick your own line, your own path, which will let you and your vehicle pass with minimal difficulty.

/forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Corey
    88K5

MSN's suggestion to offroad "off the trail"

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I agree it isn't very clearly worded and may leave some room for confusion. I do think they meant not taking the same line within the confines of the trail. I often straddle the rutted part of the trail rather than drive in the ruts for example. I rarely take the same line through tough spots that my buddy in his YJ does.

Rene

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Was this in a pop-up or just a email ad or something???

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hunt them down and shoot them. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

go to msn.com real quick before they change it, its right there "tips on goin 4X4ing". ya its pretty confusing, i didnt see it the same way as you Corey, i rekn they're sayin if you see some ruts made by a set of locked 44inch boggers, it don't mean your independent suspension packing CR-V with P215 BFG land terrains are gonna stroll right through, so try to find an easier route. jus my thinkins

Brett

6. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

It sounds like sound advise, to join a club, don't go alone, ect. I do like the link about modifying your suv. The article lists the important stuff, you know, matching luggage, bug shields, ect...

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Pick Your Own Line
    On off-road trails, it's often tempting to just drive your vehicle on the same tire tracks and ruts as the vehicle that went before you.

But you should pick your own line, your own path, which will let you and your vehicle pass with minimal difficulty.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Here's the quote