Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tree hugging crybaby site arises in the U.S.. , take the time to respond *DELETED*

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by uglychevyZZ4, Jul 22, 2002.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Post deleted by uglychevy383

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Re: Tree hugging crybaby site arises in the U.S.. , take the time to respond

This is ANOTHER cryfest for Alix Davidson. If you have ever paid any attention to the whiney greenies out there then you have heard this name before.

Alix is a perfect example of someone whose life is so pathetic that they thrive on the attention they get from telling others how to think and behave. Of course the only correct way of thinking is to believe and behave exactly as she does. Those who disagree will be (and have been) sued. Alix does not appear to have any marketable skills, which would explain the need to claim an "Environmental Emergency" which she will gladly sacrifice her time to correct. Of course there will be some expenses along the way .......$$$$$$$$$$

[begin RANT mode]
    People like this need to be stopped! I'm not talking about people that have a genuine concern about preserving our environment (most of you reading this post participate in cleanup and preservation projects) I'm talking about the idiots that want to restrict access to public lands to a certain group of people, themselves. Don't be fooled into thinking that the goals of these folks is to preserve and protect anything other than their own miserable existence. They survive by convincing others that they are "saving the planet" or "protecting our children" rather than making a truely useful contribution to our society like supporting your family through hard work or raising your children to be responsible idividuals who respect the rights of others.

The best way to fight these goofballs is very simple ... just do whats right, encourage others to do what's right and contact your local government leaders to let them know how you feel! If you feel really motivated you could run for office and try to make a difference firsthand!

These enviro-nazis put alot of effort into writing letters to Congressmen, Senators, Mayors, City Councils and many others. They whine and cry so much that many of our leaders just give in to them to get them to shut up! Since most of us never think to contact our leaders when things are going good, they never hear our side of the issues. Take a few minutes to write a quick note to your government leaders. It doesn't have to be a short novel, only a few paragraphs to say "thanks for keeping our public lands available for everyone" or "don't let those goofy greenies tell you what to do". Keep in mind that your Congressman (or other leader) may or may not actually read your letter but they do have a staff that keeps track of the issues and what people think.
    [/RANT mode off]

Ok, ok, ok ... ranting is over. I just can't stand watching these selfish pansies try to tell me that I'm only interested in killing things and they are the only ones who can save the world ... gimme a break.

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Why is this person pointing fingers at us and not the hunters. A guy on an ATV isnt going to scare away the elk forever by driving up a hill, but a guy who goes out and shoots to kill does. Its not an offroad issue, its the people with the guns doing the shooting. (which I am not againts hunting as long as its legal)

Sounds like this person who has this website has got things a little mixed up.

"$1 Million Needed to Restore Illegal ATV Trails in Georgia"

LOL Restore? Maybe Im confused and I dont get it but how does two small tracks makes one million dollars worth of damage? The deer will get offended becuase the grass may be dead in two spots?

Im all for protecting some land to keep everyone out and to enjoy just as it is but I dont see how an atv is going to cause such problems. I love going to the parks and the reserves to see nature but there needs to be places where people can go and I dont think an few tracks are going to cuase 1 million in damage.

Thats my two cents /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. uglychevyZZ4

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    "$1 Million Needed to Restore Illegal ATV Trails in Georgia"

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMGDFAO!!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I thought that part was particularly funny too.!

Ive lived in Georgia, and it is about equal to ENUMCLAW. It is more clay banks, wooded areas, and barron land than most states. Ive never seen grass grow in CLAY.

RANT:
    They want to group all states and all orv'rs in the SAME CATAGORY and the SAME LIST OF DETRIMENT, and thats not right. as if Maine and Arizona have the same exact problem happening in thier wilderness.
    The more I have read on the crybaby site, the more I wanted to :PUKE: and if I knew her address, Id post it for all to fill her mailbox with responses to her annoying little voyage into the world of senselessness.

If she knew anything about preservation, land enjoyment, and mixing this [as she seems to imply] deadly mixture, she would start a campaign against allowing american homes to be built within 500 yards of any manmade or natural form of water.

WHY MAY YOU ASK???
    because the average american family cannot gain access to most forms of water from the land for enjoyment, due to the EXCESS of GROSSLY FORTUNATE WEALTHY INDIVIDUALS who can afford the price being asked for waterfront property that blocks the average father or mother from taking thier family to play on natural land, where the trees SHOULD BE GROWING. not cut down for thier nice view. If you disagree with this, I could care less, if you think water has plenty of access, take a stroll on the web around Lahe Washington, or better yet, in a boat.

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

because the average american family cannot gain access to most forms of water from the land for enjoyment, due to the EXCESS of GROSSLY FORTUNATE WEALTHY INDIVIDUALS who can afford the price being asked for waterfront property that blocks the average father or mother from taking thier family to play on natural land, where the trees SHOULD BE GROWING. not cut down for thier nice view

[/ QUOTE ]

Omg no kidding. Its sick! I cant tell you how many times I end up driving more then being at a beach or lake becuase most of it is blocked off becuase of some rich [censored] who decided to put his house there. That is something that should be worked on. We cant even enjoy most of the water becuase we have non to see!! WTF is up with all of these private property beaches and homes stacked practicly one on top of the other surounding the lake and ocean beachs. Why cant I enjoy the water just like he? How is it possible to OWN part of the ocean? Makes me so mad /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

My point exactly, just the thought of it brings me to tears, when I was a kid, my father would take me to alot of places, and everyone of those is now someones back yard. I dont feel anyone is special enough to be worth more than the time and space shared beetween parents and thier children, but these places are allmost non-existant, except for privatly owned parks, or state parks /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    This should have been stopped before it was so widespread, but it wasnt. Now where do we take our family's to play? The trail is one of the places of whats left, and here is some piece of crap trying to stop that too because thier daddy once took them for a walk in the woods and they got to pick a flower or some crap like that. Just annoys me people think they know whats best for everyone.

7. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

This is something I posted months ago.

It is an excellent example of why we need to be carefull when wheeling. There are people like this just waiting for an opportunity to take pics of us, or damage we have caused, and use it against us.

It is also a reason I would like to see us volunteering to clean up and repair damage caused by others.

This guy gets his support by putting a price tag on damage. We can one up them by volunteering to repair and clean up for free, and really put an impression on the land owners and general public.

8. uglychevyZZ4

How is it possible to OWN part of the ocean? Makes me so mad

[/ QUOTE ] here is the worst part, used to be that if you could not use land for access to the river etc... you could get IN the water and walk up/down stream and still get there, just be in the water, not on thier property [fishing] now they can stop you from being in the water near thier property. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif you are technically not on thier property, but if they border ONE F'in bank, they can run you off /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Just makes me want to [​IMG] all of them. When I was little my dad and I went four wheeling got out of the truck and went fishing in the River. We never had a problem with finding a spot to fish, it was finding the BEST spot. Now your lucky if you can find a rock to sit on, or a trail to drive on.

You have a good point Dan, I think though that nomatter what we do there is going to be some cry baby out there trying to control it all. I mean Im sorry but I dont beleive that it costs 1 Million dollars to REPAIR ATV damage???? What exactly is ATV damage? lol
    But working to repair what there is and making a good image is definatly important.

10. uglychevyZZ4

I mean Im sorry but I dont beleive that it costs 1 Million dollars to REPAIR ATV damage????

[/ QUOTE ] I dont even think all of Georgia in its entirity is worth 1 million,let alone a trail.
    *** falls out of chair*** LMAO!!!

11. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

it's the g'damn quads and motorbikes that go through the brush and throw [censored] all over...

/forums/images/icons/mad.gif

12. uglychevyZZ4

it's the g'damn quads and motorbikes that go through the brush and throw [censored] all over...

[/ QUOTE ] Yep, must be them damn bikes, see, theres one now /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif [​IMG]

13. uglychevyZZ4

Sorry Aaron, I hadda do it, my evil twin made me. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nope, that was a fair shot. Sorry Aaron but your comment is actually off base and a detriment to keeping lands open. I've seen as many bad moves made by trucks as I have bikes and quads. Finger pointing will sink us all, uniting together and educating each other about proper trail use and Tread Lightly principles will go much farther.

If the greenies are smart they will use 'divide and conquer'...get the guys on quads and bikes blaming us and us blaming them until the greenies have no opposition because we're all too busy pointing fingers.

We as wheelers belong to a larger group of enthusiasts. Pointing fingers at people with the same interests as we have ain't gonna help.

So lets all stay on established trails, pack out more than we pack in, educate instead of blame, and be vocal with our positive experiences.

Rene

15. uglychevyZZ4

pack in more than we pack out,

[/ QUOTE ] is this back-ass-wards or am i lisDexic? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

i know rene...
    I was just pissed cause they started riding at 6 frickin am at our camp site in naches...

17. uglychevyZZ4

did you see me and Dons truck blockade to keep them out? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I did have that backwards...typing too fast again. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Fixed it though...

Aaron, I get annoyed by almost every group out there at one time or another. Every group has it's particular 'achilles heel' as far as image goes too. Jet-ski's on the lakes, quads pulling 70 mph around blind corners on logging roads, Dirt bikes ripping it up through camp area, 4x4's 'making their own trails'.

I think the problem is there is an attitude that "I'm in the middle of nowhere so I don't have to follow all those greenie rules". Every single group is and can be guilty of that. I guess we all need to try and keep each other honest and treat nature with respect. Ripping it up is fine in your buddies field, not fine in some alpine meadow.

We have to use the trails responsibly and educate rather than blame. I'd be pissed off at any dirt biker buzzing my camp at 6 am too... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Rene

19. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Well in Oregon access to the Ocean Beach is easy. I think there is a law that keeps it open but I dont know the details on it.

20. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Govenor Tom McCall created that law. All Oregon beaches are open to the public. Many of them you can also drive on.