Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tree hugging crybaby site arises in the U.S.. , take the time to respond

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by uglychevyZZ4, Jul 22, 2002.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Take a look, and take the time to respond to this site via thier email addy. It is located in the U.S. area, and seems to be making a few waves. It is worth the time, thats for sure. It is looking for people to make update posts regarding any trail abuse seen, or found, so go make some posative responses /forums/images/icons/wink.gifCRYBABY PAGE

2. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

I love this part:
    Natural Trails and Waters Coalition is a coalition of 70 national, regional, and local groups working to protect and restore public lands from the severe abuse caused by jet-skis, dirt bikes and other off-road vehicles. Our goals include: 1) Public land recreation decisions are predicated on maintaining the ecological integrity of our public lands and waterways. 2) Motorized recreational vehicles are prohibited where they come into conflict with natural resources, wildlife, wildlife habitat, air, water, vegetation,<font color="red"> landscape, solitude, natural quiet,</font color> and archeological and historical sites. 3) Motorized recreational vehicle use is prohibited on all roadless, wilderness and wilderness-quality lands and waters. 4) All vehicular travel, including off-road vehicles, occurs only on designated roads and routes. Cross-country motorized recreation is prohibited on public land. 5) Motorized personal watercraft are allowed on public waterways only in areas where these vehicles cause no measurable ecological impacts or human conflicts.

3. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

I replied to the site by emailing the folks there and asking for a discussion of the issues concerning land use and responsible four wheelers. the key word is responsible folks cause I think the eco nazis have the biggest beef with those folks...anyway I'll post what they reply with.

4. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Good luck. I emailed them months ago and never got a responce. In fact, I have never recieved a reaponce from any activist group I have ever written.

Just shows their mantality. They want us to conform and behave and what ever, but when I ask them questions, they won't respond...

Don't you think that if they thought we are a problem, that they would jump at the chance to talk, comprimize, or debate the issues?

5. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

This also goes to the "guns don't kill people. People kill people" type of thing.

Offroad vehicles are not causing the damage. It is the people driving them. Not all people are out to do lawn jobs.

6. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Just sent this to him:

Hello Mr. Davidson. I came across your call for ORV abuse pictures and wanted to offer a near endless supply of pictures of people off-roading repsonsibly. If you wish to present an unbiased booklet to Congress, please let me know and I will be glad to help you.

7. hawk368

hawk368 Registered Member

I just found this, but thier site is still there. So I sent them an E-mail letting them know what I thought they needed cut off. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif