Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"TREE STUMP PULLIN"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, May 15, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

\"TREE STUMP PULLIN\"

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI has a very fun day today,in my front yard,with just a chain,a stump,and my blazer,and all the neighbors watching,what a scene. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI proceeded to back up to the ol" stump that used to be a tree,hooked a massive chain to the stump,and the other end to my truck.I proceeded to haul ass in my truck,until the chain and stump yanked me back,causing severe whiplash /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifI repaeted these steps 4-5 times getting the hell yanked out my truck,and myself. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifUntil finally,on the last try,i hauled ass especially fast this time,and i yanked that ol stump out,awarded with applause by 20 drunken neigbors. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifIf no one here has participated in "TREE STUMP PULLIN" i reccomend they try it immediatly,withought a doubt.I just thought i would share that with you.Jake /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Re: \"TREE STUMP PULLIN\"

Sounds fun /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

That's how I got my Juniper shrubs out from in front of my house when I moved in. My wife hated them & I said I'd be glad to hook up a chain and pull 'em out with my Burb. Much easier than digging' 'em out.

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

It was /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifi would do this for a living if i could /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    sounds like something a redneck would do /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah i know /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifi never do stuff like that either,but i was like,what the hell,
    this damn saw is not cittin it,so i proceeded ...........with .TREE STUMP PULLIN!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

the only thing I hate about it is that I wasn't there to watch and drink too! how big of ruts did you leave in the yard?

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

2 big fat gaping wounds /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

11. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

sound like fun, got any pics /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

i need to get off my ass and by a camrea, will post a bunch of funny crap,along with hot chicks,and,blazer buildup soon /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I've done this a few times. I almost killed myself last time when the chain broke and hit the back of the seat! Thank God for the stock high-back buckets! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

DAMN /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifdid you have your window rolled down??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, you're s'posed to use as short a chain as possible to avoid decapitation if it snaps or comes loose.

I did some stumpin' last year!! It's fun!!!

I used the truck to pull down most of a couple trees, too. Chainsaw most of the trunk, loop a strap around it, and punch that puppy in 4 low! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Neighbors already think we're rednecks anyway...

Trees are absolutely amazing. Before I pulled it down with the K5, I used one to fix the bent bumper on my S10...

Get pics next time!

16. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif. need to be careful. a friend of mine busted out 3 windows trying to pull a carport out of the trees, he said it scared the sh!t out of him and thought the block and tackle hit him in the back of the head. luckily it didn't /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

If you stump pull to much you can wreck your gears, if you do it right you won't... if you just hit the gas until the rear end starts hopping like a rabbit, thats wrong. Your suposed to hit the gas then let it off when the chain is tight, then let the momentum pull it out. At least that's what I was told when I did my first stump /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that, you're s'posed to use as short a chain as possible to avoid decapitation if it snaps or comes loose.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif " To avoid decapitation" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifya i dunno.......the correct way to rip a tree from the ground, with your truck /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifso your not supposed to just punch the gas??????I liked just punching the gas,all the way down /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif